Garden Cheddar Frittata
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Minced chives and additional shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt, garlic powder, chile powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, saute zucchini, onion and potatoes in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat. Pour 1-1/2 cups egg mixture into skillet. Arrange half of the tomatoes over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining egg mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until eggs are completely set, 12-15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and additional cheddar cheese. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 251 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 307mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2014
This was fairly simple, but not very flavorful.
Oct 8, 2013
Yummy! I've made this twice, the first time I added some green bell pepper. The second time I added bell pepper and a little browned breakfast sausage!
Aug 27, 2013
Great dish for a crowd. I doubled it and served it for a football party last year. I'm making it again for our "first game of the year" party.
Jan 31, 2013
I haven't tried it yet. Plan to make it soon.
Apr 15, 2012
Quite tasty! We added some red and orange bell peppers, but you could add any of your favorite veggies for a nice, wholesome breakfast!
Mar 8, 2012
Great recipe. I did not have a zucchini so I used broccoli instead. Also had some baby yukon gold potatoes, so no need to peel. Great way to use up some veggies without meat! We will make this again