Egg ‘n’ Cress Tea Sandwiches
These tea sandwiches look very festive when we cut them out with a holly leaf cookie cutter. We use both white and wheat bread to vary the color and flavor.—Linda Ault, Newberry, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 tea sandwiches
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced watercress, chives or parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat and/or white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, watercress, olives, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread egg mixture over butter side of four bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Top with remaining bread, buttered side down. Using a 3-in. holly-leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out two tea sandwiches from each sandwich.
Originally published as Egg n Cress Tea Sandwiches in Taste of Home December/January 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.