Salsa & Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small lime
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Add 1/2 cup salsa and cheese; stir gently until cheese is melted.
- Spread cut sides of English muffins with cream cheese and remaining salsa. Top with scrambled eggs and avocado. Squeeze lime juice over tops. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 24, 2014
This was good but not outstanding. Just 1/2 a muffin is more than a generous portion. Very filling.
Jun 2, 2014
We loved this! The cream cheese really pulls everything together beautifully. Each ingredient is an important piece of this yummy puzzle.