Fiesta Breakfast Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) refrigerated corn biscuits
- 3 cups frozen seasoning blend vegetables (about 14 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut biscuits into quarters; arrange evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with vegetables and shredded cheese. Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings; pour evenly over layers. Top with salsa.
- Bake, uncovered, until casserole is browned and middle is set, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top servings with fresh cilantro leaves and additional salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 25, 2020
Seasoned Blend has onion, celery, green pepper, red pepper and parsley. Now you can chop it up fresh since you know what is in it!
Mar 2, 2019
I am rating this five stars because of the lack of effort of Ginnie L and Maggi. Try shopping at Walmart or Target and you will find Grands Corn Biscuits and PicSweet Seasoning Blend Vegetables!!! I know Illinois has both of those stores!!!
Feb 24, 2018
This looks wonderful, even with substitutions. Note that the test kitchen substituted, and that this was a contest winner. I'd love it if my store carried corn biscuits, though! Of course, normally I wouldn't rate without trying it, but since the other two reviewers panned it without trying it, here's my counter. And, btw, something doesn't make *sense* not since....
Dec 23, 2017
Ditto in Illinois. No such items available. Doesn't make since.
Dec 11, 2017
What is "seasoned vegetable blend"? Never heard of it, and no market in my area has it. Also can't find refrigerated corn biscuits.