Rustic Vegetable Frittata
I love that this veggie-loaded frittata combines seriously nutritious ingredients into a filling dish I can serve as breakfast, lunch or dinner—and is still delicious even as leftovers! —Deborah Jamison, Austin, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons water
- 7 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 center-cut bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place sweet potato and water in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, covered, on high until potato is just tender, 5-6 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a 10-in. oven-safe skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon drippings from pan.
- In drippings, saute green pepper, onion and kale over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in egg mixture; add potato and bacon. Cook until eggs are partially set, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to oven; bake until eggs are set, 5-7 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Test Kitchen tips