Colorful Brunch Frittata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 14 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute asparagus, mushrooms, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 270 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Aug 3, 2019
I have made a recipe before similar to this one or maybe this one but cannot find my copy. I know this is a five star, but if needed will repost after I use this recipe. My question is, can you freeze half of this recipe after baking?
Apr 19, 2019
I usually make quiche but wanted to try this frittata. I didn't have all the ingredients but improvised with what I did have. I added green beans and peas in place of the asparagus and peppers. I used Monterrey Jack cheese. Also, I used a bit of milk in place of the hald
Mar 24, 2018
I was lucky because Kroger had asparagus on sale and Aldi had colored peppers. I knew I had to make this recipe. Lots of color and flavor in this dish.
Mar 24, 2018
Everything right must try soon!??
Nov 27, 2017
Would this bake up okay in a round deep cheesecake type pan. I want to make this for a ladies Christmas brunch I am planning, but think the round shape would look more elegant. I hope someone can advise me on this matter and how long I should plan on baking it. Thanks and I will give my review after the brunch.
Jan 18, 2014
This was delicious! I made it for a breakfast party at my work and everyone loved it. It made my kitchen smell amazing! This recipe is a keeper and I know I will use it a lot!
Dec 25, 2011
I made this recipe for my family's Christmas brunch and it was everyone's favorite! Be prepared to bake it longer and watch to make sure the top does not get too dark but I would definitely make this again. My husband said it is his new favorite egg casserole recipe!