Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 8 slices bread, cubed, divided
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; pat dry and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini and mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Drain; pat dry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream, salt and pepper until smooth. Beat in eggs. Stir in vegetables, half of the bread cubes and Swiss cheese. Arrange the remaining bread cubes in a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 18, 2016
It's been a while since I made this,am definitely making again soon,I'm not a mushroom fan so I used thinly sliced white potatoes, twice.Got rave reviews,both times, looks just like the picture,very impressive looking.It takes a little more time than 15 mins,and I think it had to cook a little longer but it's worth it,even the vegetable haters liked it,I did use a little more bread the second time I made this,just like 2 or 3 slices more.
May 27, 2012
Also, used two heals of GF bread. It was all I had.
May 27, 2012
This took longer than 5 min to prep, but it was very very good. I also had to cook it loner than stated, by about 20 mins.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.