Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
Makes2 casseroles (8 servings each)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ham; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 299 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 211mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
May 6, 2016
Full of delicious veggies and meat! Hearty and tasty!
Mar 20, 2015
Can this strata be assembled the night before and refrigerated until the next morning to bake?
Dec 27, 2013
Family loved it. Served this on Christmas morning and it was a huge hit. Sautéed all veggies before hand and all is had to do was crack some eggs Christmas morning. The cream cheese made it extra special. Cut my recipe in half but next year will make full batch and freeze anything left for another morning. But who's waiting till next year. Making this again tomorrow.
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't made it yet, but am very much looking forward to it. I'm confident it will be delicious. I was wondering if I could make it the night before. An answer ASAP would be great!
Nov 29, 2012
Made for Thanksgiving breakfast. Delicious!!
Sep 2, 2012
Rave reviews by all! So delicious!
Jan 27, 2012
I added some guoda cheese on top and mozzarella cheese inside. I used milk instead of half and half. I made 1/2 of the recipe and it served 7-8 people.
Feb 28, 2010
This strata turned out great! I split the recipe in half and baked it in a 9x9 inch pan. My husband and brothers loved it with salsa.
Dec 28, 2009
I have made this more times than I can count always with the same results-requests for the recipe.!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.