Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large Nellie’s Free Range Egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 4, 2018
Not a fan of these muffins. Maybe I did something wrong but I did followhe recipe exactly. Tasted bland.
Sep 25, 2017
These are wonderful! I used half whole wheat flour and unsweetened coconut, and coconut and vanilla instead of rum flavoring.
May 29, 2017
Just okay. I like pineapple and coconut, but I think there was a little too much rum. I don't think it was a delicious, amazing cupcake as other reviewers stated.
May 4, 2017
Very good and very easy. I doubled the recipe and got 12 jumbo muffins. I used an entire large (20 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, drained, since I didn't want to find something to do with just a little bit of leftover crushed pineapple. The only change I will make next time is to sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar before baking.
May 1, 2017
Dear Jean,The recipe calls for 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut.I am not a fan of alcohol flavors.. so I use vanilla extract..
May 1, 2017
Deeeelicious! Since I didn't have any sour cream I substituted coconut yogurt. Since I didn't have any rum flavoring I substituted vanilla. They were fantastic! Definitely will make again and again!
Mar 31, 2017
Outstanding!! very moist and yummy.... followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have any rum extract so I used Capt'n Morgan.... I'm also going to try it with chopped macadamias next time... thanks for sharing!!
Mar 31, 2017
I loved this recipe from "TASTE OF HOME". Very moist and not to sweet,
May 25, 2012
A friend brought these to a meeting, and they were wonderful!! Moist, and delish!!!
Nov 10, 2011
NOT VERY GODD
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.