Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in an airtight container. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2018
Not a fan of these muffins. Maybe I did something wrong but I did followhe recipe exactly. Tasted bland.
Sep 25, 2017
These are wonderful! I used half whole wheat flour and unsweetened coconut, and coconut and vanilla instead of rum flavoring.
May 29, 2017
Just okay. I like pineapple and coconut, but I think there was a little too much rum. I don't think it was a delicious, amazing cupcake as other reviewers stated.
May 4, 2017
Very good and very easy. I doubled the recipe and got 12 jumbo muffins. I used an entire large (20 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, drained, since I didn't want to find something to do with just a little bit of leftover crushed pineapple. The only change I will make next time is to sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar before baking.
May 1, 2017
Dear Jean,The recipe calls for 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut.I am not a fan of alcohol flavors.. so I use vanilla extract..
May 1, 2017
Deeeelicious! Since I didn't have any sour cream I substituted coconut yogurt. Since I didn't have any rum flavoring I substituted vanilla. They were fantastic! Definitely will make again and again!
Mar 31, 2017
Outstanding!! very moist and yummy.... followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have any rum extract so I used Capt'n Morgan.... I'm also going to try it with chopped macadamias next time... thanks for sharing!!
Mar 31, 2017
I loved this recipe from "TASTE OF HOME". Very moist and not to sweet,
May 25, 2012
A friend brought these to a meeting, and they were wonderful!! Moist, and delish!!!
Nov 10, 2011
NOT VERY GODD