Cheesy Black Bean Nachos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, well drained
- 3 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 4 cups multigrain tortilla chips
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro and additional jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix beans, tomatoes and jalapenos. Arrange chips in an even layer in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Top with bean mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately with toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 371 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 9, 2019
Very quick and simple to make, and tasted good. Will add more jalapenos next time as it needed a little kick, and may try using Rotel instead of the diced tomatoes.
Jun 2, 2018
I used cherry tomatoes instead of the canned, it was what I had on hand. I seeded and sliced the jalapenos per the recipe, but they weren't spicy enough for me that way. Next time I'll definitely just slice them. The rest of the toppings were perfect. Crunchy chips, cool tomatoes, a little heat from the peppers, plus the protein-packed beans. Thank you so much to Cynthia N. for her awesome recipe!