Pressure Cooker Shredded Beef Burrito Filling
Create a taco or burrito bar! For a variation, I make beef and bean burritos by mixing a can of refried beans into 3 or 4 cups of cooked beef filling.—Hope Wasylenki, Gahanna, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. + releasing
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup (8 ounces) salsa verde
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa and fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Season roast with chili powder, cumin and salt. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for high heat. Add oil; brown roast on all sides. Place onions, peppers and garlic on meat. Top with crushed tomatoes, salsa verde and beef broth. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 40 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove roast; shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to pressure cooker; heat through. Using tongs, serve on tortillas for burritos or tacos; add toppings as desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 380 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Shredded Beef Burrito Filling in Taste of Home Instant Pot Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.