Pressure Cooker Shredded Beef Burrito Filling
Create a taco or burrito bar! For a variation, I make beef and bean burritos by mixing a can of refried beans into 3 or 4 cups of cooked beef filling.—Hope Wasylenki, Gahanna, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. + releasing
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Dash salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup (8 ounces) salsa verde
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Optional: Tortillas, Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa and fresh cilantro leaves
- Season roast with chili powder, cumin and salt. Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; adjust for high heat. Add oil; brown roast on all sides. Place onions, peppers and garlic on meat. Top with crushed tomatoes, salsa verde and beef broth. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 40 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove roast; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to pressure cooker; heat through. Using tongs, serve on tortillas for burritos or tacos; add toppings as desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.