Pressure-Cooker Chicken Bog
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken (about 3 pounds), meat removed and shredded
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Hot sauce
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir onion and sausage until sausage is lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in 4 cups broth, rice, salt and pepper. Lock lid and close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on low for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Rice should be tender.
- Select saute setting; adjust for low heat. Stir in chicken and remaining broth. Cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Serve with hot sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 409 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 1, 2019
Thanks for this kind of great dish.first time I made it follow your guideline and get the amazing taste <a href="https://www.eworldcooking.com/2019/01/chicken-bog-recipe.html">Chicken Bog</a>
Jan 31, 2019
Was not a hit in my home. As we were eating my husband and I kept thinking what we could add to make it better. Suddenly we were making Gumbo and Jambalya.