Pressure-Cooker Risotto with Shrimp and Asparagus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1-2/3 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Select the saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, add 3 minced garlic cloves; cook 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 5 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp. butter and Italian salad dressing; stir until butter melts. Add asparagus; cook until tender, 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Warm the remaining 3 Tbsp. butter until melted. Add diced onion; cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add remaining 6 minced garlic cloves; cook 1 minute. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup wine; cook and stir until absorbed. Add remaining 1/2 cup wine, broth and 1/4 cup cheese. Press cancel.
- Lock the lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 8 minutes; quick-release pressure.
- Serve shrimp mixture over risotto. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 424 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Jul 24, 2018
I made the recipe exactly as shown, and it was absolutely outstanding! My husband loves risotto and I could never get the consistency right on the stovetop, but now with my instant pot and this recipe, it’s better than any restaurant risotto, and so fast and easy! Be sure to use a high quality arborio rice — do not substitute another type of rice in this recipe.
Jun 23, 2018
I love risotto and this is a good recipe. My husband isn't so crazy about it but the shrimp and asparagus won him over! The Parmesan stuck in the pan, I may wait to add it after the rice is done next time. I used grated since that's what I had. That may have made a difference.
Apr 4, 2018
Will be making this again! Maybe I'll try it with chicken next time. Forgot to get the shredded parmesan, so I used the Mexican 5 cheese. Yummy!
Apr 4, 2018
This was amazing. I’ve tried a different version of this recipe without the pressure cooker before, and the risotto was so time consuming. Using the pressure cooker makes this recipe perfect for a delicious weeknight meal. I’m keeping this one.