Sirloin Tips With Mushrooms
My husband is an avid hunter, so I look for beef recipes that also work using venison. This one fills the bill nicely.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a skillet, brown beef in butter; remove and set aside. To the same skillet, add the oil and mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add beef; transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cream, broth, wine or additional broth, Dijon mustard and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir into meat mixture until blended. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 495 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Sirloin Tips With Mushrooms in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook