Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot wild rice or noodles, optional
- In a skillet, brown pork in butter. Transfer meat to an ungreased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. In the pan drippings, saute the onion, mushrooms and celery until tender. Combine flour and broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°-170°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with rice or noodles if desired.
Apr 23, 2015
Made this a second time. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the first! Only things I did differently was not having any celery, and using marinated mushrooms, because tha's all we had. Also doubled the gravy. Definitely a keeper now!
Feb 29, 2012
This was absolutely succulent! I followed the recipe precisely, except I didn't have celery (but I added some celery seed for taste). Perfect--this will go into my frequent rotation.
Jan 8, 2012
Mar 27, 2011
Delicious recipe. I agree that the gravy needs to be doubled. I made it using 1 pork tenderloin and there was a perfect amount of gravy.
Jan 31, 2011
My family loved this. Served with brown rice as that is what I had in the cupboard. Next time I will double the gravy and add more mushrooms.
Dec 23, 2010
very easy to make and mmmm good
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.