Pork Tenderloin with Marsala Mushroom Sauce
I served this entree one year for Christmas Eve dinner, and it's now a family favorite. My husband is always happy when we have leftovers because he uses them for sandwiches.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 4 ounces pearl onions, trimmed and peeled
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, combine dried mushrooms and hot water; set aside. In another bowl, combine the dried herbs, garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pork.
- In a large skillet, brown tenderloins in 2 tablespoons oil on all sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms and onions in the remaining oil until mushrooms are browned. Add the wine, broth and remaining salt. Drain chanterelle mushrooms; add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pork.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice pork and serve with sauce. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup sauce: 306 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Herb Pork Tenderloin with Mushrooms and Marsala in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Jun 2, 2019
My DH made this, and it was delicious. Could not find chanterelle onions so used some shitake.
Nov 3, 2013
Just had this dish tonight for dinner... Very tender and delish!! Will make this for Christmas this year. The "other white meat".