Sirloin with Mushroom Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound and 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- Rub steak with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook steak until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broth and wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Slice steak; serve with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 189 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Sep 22, 2013
This was super easy and tasty . I didn't have wine so used the beef broth. It was kind of one note so just prior to serving I added 1 T of butter to the mixture and let it melt. It added a bit of silkiness and flavor.
Sep 5, 2013
Nothing new or special but will probably make the mushroom sauce and grill a steak.