Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place a large piece of heavy-duty foil (21x17-in.) in a shallow roasting pan. Place roast on foil. Pour 1 cup water and mushrooms over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix. Wrap foil around roast; seal tightly.
- Bake at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Pour drippings and mushrooms into a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with sliced beef.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 156 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Feb 9, 2018
This was so good. The two things I did different was. I used fresh mushrooms baby portabella and cooked it for only 1hr 45 min came out perfect for the whole family. My husband likes well done and the rest rare. I also used Lipton onion soup mix with mushrooms not as salty. Will make again.
Dec 5, 2017
Meat of any kind is done when it reaches temperature. Always use a probe thermometer that can go in the oven. and that you can set. they are well worth the expense. Ovens vary, so time is not really relevant.
Apr 17, 2016
Meat came out like mush and I couldn't even cut it. Made a better pulled beef sandwich than a roast.
Jun 21, 2015
I also used beef broth & have even slow cooked in crockpot with soup mix. I like using fresh mushrooms.
May 21, 2015
Cook for no more than 2 hours. Great flavor!
Nov 22, 2014
Should be cooked only one hour only.....geeze if I cooked it like it says it would be a waste.
Mar 11, 2014
I used a 2 1/4 pound roast and cooked it for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a little dry (some of the fats and water leaked out of the foil), but still tasted quite good.
Mar 1, 2014
I just tried this for the first time, and I'm not an experienced cook. It turned out pretty good, but I think I would like it with beef broth as someone suggested. Some garlic might add some flavor too.
Feb 22, 2014
Do you have ANY idea what happens to a 3 pound sirloin tip roast when you cook it for 2 1/2 hours?! Let alone 3??? That thing is so overdone it becomes the consistency of shoe leather. I am writing this review to make sure NOBODY follows the cooking time for this. It should be cooked for ONE HOUR.
Feb 12, 2014
I fixed this tonight for supper I thought it was so good. I will fix this again and would recommend this recipe to all of my family loved!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.