Slow-Cooker Beef Tips Burgundy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-3/4 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine beef, onions, mushrooms and garlic. In a small bowl, mix next 7 ingredients; pour over beef mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Skim fat from juices. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 45 minutes. Serve with noodles; sprinkle with parsley.
- Freeze option: Omitting parsley, freeze cooled meat mixture, sauce and egg noodles in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in microwave-safe dishes until heated through, stirring gently and adding water if necessary. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Oct 30, 2019
Made with boneless bottom round steaks instead of the chuck roast. I made a mistake in not putting the cornstarch/water in 45 minutes prior so the sauce was not thick like gravy. The taste overall was not bad but felt like it could use "something" to make it more savory but neither of us could figure out what. I would make it again if I could figure out what to add to it to give it more "punch".