Pressure Cooker Beef Tips
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Brown meat in batches, adding oil as needed. Transfer meat to a bowl. Add wine to cooker, stirring to loosen browned bits. Return beef to cooker; add mushrooms, onion, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
Apr 27, 2018
It's yummy! Thanks for sharing https://instapot.co Pressure Cooker Beef Tips :)
Apr 15, 2018
This turned out perfect and has me ready to try more recipes! I tripled the recipe and cooked for 25 minutes.
Apr 14, 2018
I find that using a pressure cooker is a great method for less expensive cuts of beef but for whatever reason mine always ends up lacking in flavor compared to crock pot or oven braising. Being newer to using these appliances, I have learned to adjust the seasonings accordingly. Recipe is easy but it was very bland.
Apr 8, 2018
The meat was incredibly tender, but was lacking in flavor, a Tlbsp of Worcestershire in 2 cups of beef broth ? Doesn't come close to adding anything, If I ever make it again, everything but the kitchen sink is gonna have to be added.
Mar 20, 2018
Quick & easy recipe for weeknight dinner. I used sirloin tip steak & had butcher slice thin strips. I cheated & used refrigerated ready made potatoes. My family loved it!
Feb 18, 2018
very tender and tasty
Jan 29, 2018
Was good and will make again just will use a sirloin tip roast
Dec 14, 2017
Made it as written. Turned out great! Everyone loved it! Will definitely be making this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.