Pressure-Cooker Beef Tips
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Brown meat in batches, adding oil as needed. Transfer meat to a bowl.
- Add wine to cooker, stirring to loosen browned bits. Press cancel. Return beef to cooker; add the mushrooms, onion, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; close the pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Quick-release pressure.
- Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into beef mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
Jan 20, 2020
Ok needs more flavor
Jan 19, 2020
it was very delicious and much more tasty. thanks for sharing this easy recipe of beef. You can check the latest best instant pot for the kitchen. Which may help you in your best recipes. Having superb quality. Check it’s reviews. https://instapotbuy.com
Sep 21, 2019
I made recipe per the directions except I increased the mushrooms. It was pretty tasty, but I think the next time I will dry-brine the steak for added flavor.
Jul 31, 2019
My husband loved this so much he went looking for leftovers the next day. I had only done half the amount of steak to try the recipe lol. Made it again for him tonight, using the whole amt lol. He's already talking about leftovers hahaha
Feb 14, 2019
As per other reviewers' suggestions I doubled the Worcestershire sauce, and added thyme, and garlic. Next time I will add a beef bouillon cube. It was really good. The wine gave it a great flavor. Thanks for sharing!
Nov 27, 2018
This recipe is easy to prepare, doesn't require any funky ingredients and has good flavor for a mild pallet. If you're seeking a little more intensity try adding 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp thyme, and maybe 1 1/2 tsp tomato paste.
Apr 27, 2018
It's yummy! Thanks for sharing https://instapot.co Pressure Cooker Beef Tips :)
Apr 15, 2018
This turned out perfect and has me ready to try more recipes! I tripled the recipe and cooked for 25 minutes.
Apr 14, 2018
I find that using a pressure cooker is a great method for less expensive cuts of beef but for whatever reason mine always ends up lacking in flavor compared to crock pot or oven braising. Being newer to using these appliances, I have learned to adjust the seasonings accordingly. Recipe is easy but it was very bland.
Apr 8, 2018
The meat was incredibly tender, but was lacking in flavor, a Tlbsp of Worcestershire in 2 cups of beef broth ? Doesn't come close to adding anything, If I ever make it again, everything but the kitchen sink is gonna have to be added.