Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 8 hours
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1-3/4 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 24 pearl onions, peeled (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked whole wheat egg noodles, optional
- Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add wine, oil and seasonings. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add mushrooms and onions to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade; transfer beef to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with flour and salt; toss to coat. Top with bacon and mushroom mixture. Add reserved marinade.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf. If desired, serve stew with noodles.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup beef mixture (calculated without noodles): 289 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 20, 2017
This is a beautiful date meal that doesn't take a lot of work! The crockpot keeps everything juicy & flavors through so perfectly. This is truly a decadent meal that tastes like you worked all day long making it!
Nov 10, 2015
Great recipe, the hardest part was peeling the onions.
Oct 24, 2015
Very tasty and relatively easy to fix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.