Barley and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add water, bouillon, salt and pepper; mix well. bring to a boil. Add barley and parsley. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 80-90 minutes or until the barley is tender.
Nov 7, 2011
Delicious! I used 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms and sauteed two cloves of minced garlic. It was fine with a tablespoon of dried parsley. Lastly; I used quick cook barley and only cooked for 45 minutes.
Mar 6, 2010
Excellent. I added some finely chopped carrots.