Fried Ham Cubes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Oil for frying
- CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley. Dip ham cubes in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ham cubes, a few at a time, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, heat cheese and milk over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in salsa. Serve with ham cubes.
Dec 8, 2017
I used my Air fryer instead of hot oil and they are Delicious and crispy, easy cleanup and faster. Mixed reviews on the size of the Ham cube, 3/4" or 1" some like 2 bites but that requires a double dip. Goes great in salads.
Oct 6, 2013
Delicious! I served this as an appetizer at a family dinner. The only complaint was that everyone filled up on them and could not eat much else.