Garlic Asiago Cauliflower Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup finely grated Asiago cheese
- Using a food processor fitted with the steel blade or a box grater, finely shred cauliflower (there should be about 6 cups). In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter, oil and seasoning blend over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, stir in cauliflower, working in batches if necessary. Cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally (there should be about 4 cups cauliflower "rice"). Add cheese; stir until well combined.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 112 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 22, 2019
I'm happy that riced cauliflower is being utilized these days! I add it to soups and casseroles all the time just for the additional nutritional value. I rarely make cauli as a side by itself, but this is a great way to eat it! My only suggestion is to add more cheese (and this is strictly personal taste). I added another 1/2 cup of cheese and it happened to be a good Parmigiano Reggiano. It really enhanced the whole dish!