Garlic Asiago Cauliflower Rice
The garlic seasoning and Asiago really pack a punch, making this five-ingredient low-carb side dish a real weeknight winner. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup finely grated Asiago cheese
- Using a food processor fitted with the steel blade or a box grater, finely shred cauliflower (there should be about 6 cups). In a large skillet, heat butter, oil and seasoning blend over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, stir in cauliflower, working in batches if necessary. Cook, uncovered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally (there should be about 4 cups cauliflower "rice"). Add cheese; stir until well combined.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 112 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Garlic Asiago Cauliflower Rice in How To July_Sept 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.