Old-Fashioned Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with soup, onion and parsley. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 283 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 18, 2014
Not a fan...needs more flavor.
Jan 8, 2014
will make again
Aug 20, 2012
I only had 3 boneless loin chops at 8 oz. each which were 1 1/2 inches thick, so I used them. I made the recipe using all the other ingredients' measurements exactly as stated since the chops were so big (only have a 6 qt. crockpot which worked just fine). I did use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, so I had to add about 1/2 tsp. of salt. Didn't have time to use crockpot on low, so put on high for 4 hours. The chops were fork tender and quite tasty. Because of the rice in the soup, I didn't feel the need to add another starch, so served the chops with coleslaw and fresh sliced tomatoes out of our garden. A very nice dinner and this recipe is a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.