Old-Fashioned Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with soup, onion and parsley. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 283 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2014
Not a fan...needs more flavor.
Jan 8, 2014
will make again
Aug 20, 2012
I only had 3 boneless loin chops at 8 oz. each which were 1 1/2 inches thick, so I used them. I made the recipe using all the other ingredients' measurements exactly as stated since the chops were so big (only have a 6 qt. crockpot which worked just fine). I did use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, so I had to add about 1/2 tsp. of salt. Didn't have time to use crockpot on low, so put on high for 4 hours. The chops were fork tender and quite tasty. Because of the rice in the soup, I didn't feel the need to add another starch, so served the chops with coleslaw and fresh sliced tomatoes out of our garden. A very nice dinner and this recipe is a keeper.