Simple Tender Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour soup over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 431 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2014
This is my husband's favorite! I use 2 cans of chicken rice soup, instead of one.
Mar 5, 2014
I consider myself a good cook, but I have never been able to make pork chops as tender as I would like -- that is, until I tried this recipe. It is absolutely wonderful. The chops were both tender and juicy. I warmed one up the next day and made a sandwich with a slice of onion and mustard. It was as delicious as the first day.
Sep 3, 2012
I make this recipe at least once a month. It is so good that I served it to my supper club!
Oct 25, 2011
I used cream of chicken soup and then made rice on the side. Very good! no leftovers here
Apr 13, 2011
used cream of mushroom soup & added half can water. made gravy from pan drippings adding at the end.
Mar 14, 2011
This is now in the rotation of meals we love. Did not have the rice soap on hand so used cream of chix it was awesome. Have used other cream soaps since. Makes for a nice gravy.
Jun 7, 2010
very good and tender, easy too
Mar 25, 2010
This recipe was so good. We loved it. I use butter to fry the pork insted of oil other then that i wouldnt change a think, 6 hr was long enough cooking time
Oct 6, 2009
I've been making this recipe for over 20 years.Still love it and am happy to see it still shows up in magazines!
Mar 29, 2009
Very nice recipe. Our kids enjoyed it.