Down-Home Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; remove and set aside. Add garlic to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Stir in the broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Return chops to the pan; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with about 2 tablespoons : 219 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 1, 2017
made this 4 times now. this last time i did a caribean pork loin roast (T.O.H. RECIPE) w/this sauce. AWSOME!
May 17, 2016
Very tasty. Double the sauce. Especially if your chops are thick.
Mar 12, 2016
I had high hopes for the sauce after reading the reviews, but it was just ok for me. A little sweet with a bit of heat, but mostly tasteless. Chops were ok as well.
Nov 3, 2014
Quick, easy and delicious!. Word to the wise: triple the sauce recipe. Have used with pork, and chicken to serve as pork chops, chicken as well as leftovers for stir fry with rice and meats over salad with oriental noodles and mandarin oranges.
Oct 23, 2014
Really soft and tender. The sauce was also very tasty. I will definitely be making these chops again!
Mar 29, 2014
Good recipe. I was a little disappointed in the small amount of sauce. A hit with my husband. Convenient in that I had on hand all the ingredients.
Feb 10, 2014
Jan 22, 2014
Will definitely be making again. Quick, easy and tasty!
May 1, 2013
Definitely a "make again"!! Our picky eater even loved it.
Apr 30, 2013
Very tasty and quick. I didn't have any beef broth so I used chicken. Loved the sauce. Will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.