Simple Sweet Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place pork chops in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Oct 30, 2010
Way to much juice in the pan, chops were covered and didn't brown at all, not very appetizing to look at. Maybe browning before would help.
Oct 25, 2010
I used chicken breasts instead of pork chops & omitted the jalapeno pepper. It had just the right amount of sweetness & spice. Also, was very easy to make & the chicken was very moist & tender.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.