Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Place pork chops in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring sauce and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 282 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2018
We loved the flavor and the wonderfully sweet and tangy sauce. If I made any changes, I would probably cut down on the salad dressing a bit. Otherwise it was simple and delicious.
Aug 15, 2017
I would like to know how the nutritional values were determined for this recipe. An 8 oz boneless center cut pork loin chop (raw) has over 400 calories all by itself; you state 1 chop of the prepared recipe is 282. Actually, it is more in the neighborhood of 650 calories. Now I am doubting all the nutritional information for all your recipes and it is very important to me for health reasons.
Aug 1, 2017
I I love cooking this recipe in my family love eating it.
Apr 25, 2017
Feb 8, 2017
Very good sauce
Jan 28, 2017
a little sweet for me but my family liked them
Jul 1, 2016
Did these in my Crock Pot. They were great. I did cut the brown sugar and honey in half though. I will try this sauce with chicken.I am betting it will be just as good.
Feb 3, 2016
I have made these twice. The first time I went by the recipe and the second time I left out the brown sugar and added unsweetened applesauce. Both were delicious.
Oct 20, 2015
Aug 13, 2015
Couldn't be much easier! Followed the recipe exactly, but cut it in half. Was worried there might not be enough sauce, but there was plenty. Great flavors. Terrific for weeknight dinners.