Pineapple chunks and pepper rings accent this rendition from Shirley Heston, field editor from Pickerington, Ohio.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 small green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and salt. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with pineapple and green pepper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, broth, vinegar, ketchup and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve over rice.