Baked Sweet-Sour Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small green pepper, chopped, divided
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges, divided
- 1 small carrot, diced, divided
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain.
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place pork chops in prepared pan; sprinkle with half of the green pepper, onion and carrot. Pour sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining vegetables. Baste with sauce in pan. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 396 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2013
Have not yet had pleasure of making these (been waiting for sale on boneless sirloin pork chops). Will be making in crock pot,,,Thursday. K.
Apr 22, 2010
very bland recipe...family did not enjoy at all....won't be adding this one to the repeat list.
Mar 2, 2010
I increased the recipe by 2.5 and used a 20 oz can pineapple, used celery in place of the green peppers (my family doesn't like them) and regular soy sauce and they came out delicious. I did have to allow a little extra cooking time for them to get tender. Wondering how they'd do cooked in the slow cooker?