Pennsylvania Dutch Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Combine pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt; add to drippings. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Pour over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes. Let chops stand 5 minutes before serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
May 29, 2014
A true taste of Lancaster County PA. I really don't think you need to thicken the sauce with the cornstarch/water mixture. The sauce thickened enough in the oven!
Oct 2, 2013
I did not make with the ingredients listed when I opened the fridge my hubby drank the last of the piineapple juice so i used orange juice. I was also out of white vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar they came out so moist with great raves from the family.
Feb 3, 2010
I used boneless pork loin chops and it only needed 45 minutes cooking time total.
Mar 30, 2009
I'ma make this for my family it looks good so I hope they will like it! :}~ SMILE!
Mar 18, 2009
Very good! This recipe was delicious!