Braised Pork Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; add 3 tablespoons flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork. Drain if necessary. Stir in vegetables, broth, garlic, mustard and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until pork and vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining flour and water until smooth; stir into stew. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 9, 2016
I agree with the previous person that it was very bland even after I added more seasoning. Pork was tender but there was something missing. I will not make this dish again either.
Feb 16, 2014
We found this to be very bland. The pork was tender but because we did not like the flavor, I will not make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.