Broiled Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside half of the sauce for serving.
- Broil about 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with sauce. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
May 22, 2019
I have been making these for years. These are my favorite pork chops. So easy to make. I like the fact that you make your own sauce and you control what goes in the sauce to you can avoid allergy causing ingredients.
Aug 26, 2015
Cooking these right now! To the sauce pan, I added garlic powder and a "shake your mama bootie jobkia freseo ghost hot sauce" for some kick! My biggest complaint is the instructions on this recipe, it doesn't say wether to marinate before cooking or when to add the sauce besides "bast with remaining sauce" and pour on reserved sauce. kinda confusing, might wanna reword the instructions.. otherwise I hope my hubby loves them!!
Dec 12, 2014
This has become a family favorite. It was a big hit. My family liked it just as it is stated. It had a really good flavor, and the sauce goes well over noodles or rice as well.
May 26, 2012
Good. I added garlic powder and onion powder and a little cayenne.
May 27, 2011
I tried broiling this pork chops but my oven is custom broil so I had no idea at which temperature it should be cooked. Tried researching online but all the blogs said broil is a set temperature. Well, maybe back in the days because in my oven, which is pretty new you need to chose the temperature yourself. Anyway, after a while of my pork chops not cooking correctly I transferred to the stove with the sauce, left it for about 10min and the result, Some Delicious pork chops!!! I will make this again soon. Yummy!
Mar 10, 2010
This was okay. It was a little too ketchupy for me. When I make it again I think I'm going to pull back on that ingredient. Still a nice flavor though.
Apr 8, 2009
These were great, but I added cumin, onion and garlic powder, and liquid smoke to the sauce.