Black Bean Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine avocados and lime juice; let stand for 10 minutes. In another large bowl, combine the corn, beans, red pepper, onions, cilantro and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over corn mixture; toss to coat. Gently fold in the avocado mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 88 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 7, 2011
Another excellent recipe found in Taste of Home!! This is always a hit at any function. It is light and very fresh tasting. I rinse my black beans before adding them to the recipe. I also add a little extra lime juice and soaking time to the avocado to make sure they don't brown. I have made this recipe the night before and the avocados where still nice looking almost 20 hours later.
Mar 14, 2011
This dip is wonderful, a party favorite. I just made it for the second time by request. It's so light and fresh.
Mar 22, 2010
I made this dip for a function at work. I received RAVE reviews and nearly everyone asked for the recipe.I mixed it up the night before (except for the lime and avocado), so that the flavors could "marry". I added the avocado/lime the next day to keep it looking as fresh as possible.I used a roasted garlic rice vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar and omitted the cilantro, since I'm not a big fan of it.I rinsed my beans well, but after tasting, seasoning, and stirring several times the ingredients started to get more of a starchy coating on them. To keep it looking fresh you may want to add the beans and avocado last.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.