Fried Dill Pickles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 jar (32 ounces) whole dill pickles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- Drain pickles, discarding liquid. Cut pickles into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Drain on paper towels; blot with additional paper towels until dry.
- In a shallow bowl, mix buttermilk and hot sauce. In another shallow bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, garlic salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and pepper. Dip pickles in buttermilk mixture, then in flour mixture. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Working in batches, fry pickles 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with ranch dressing, if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2018
Have not tried the recipe yet, but in the meantime, don't discard the pickle juice. You can use it to marinade chicken for about 20 minutes, then cook as you like. Chicken will have a nice zing!