Refrigerator Jalapeno Dill Pickles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen pickle spears
- 3 pounds pickling cucumbers (about 12)
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canning salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Cut each cucumber lengthwise into four spears. In a very large bowl, combine cucumbers, onion, dill, jalapenos and garlic. In a large saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir just until salt and sugar are dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 pickle: 4 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 17, 2015
These were fantastic and so easy to make! I used dried dill weed in place of fresh.
Jun 20, 2015
These were great! My whole family (and friends & neighbors) loved them and they were so simple to make!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.