Air Fryer Pepper Poppers
These creamy stuffed jalapenos have some bite. They may be the most popular treats I make! My husband is always hinting that I should make a batch. —Lisa Byington, Johnson City, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, French onion dip, ranch salad dressing, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 325°. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Spoon 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Spritz air fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches if needed, place poppers in a single layer in air fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 20 minutes for medium and 25 minutes for mild, being careful not to over overcook. If desired, serve with sour cream, dip or dressing.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 81 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pepper Poppers in What Can I Cook In My ...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.