Air-Fryer Peppermint Lava Cakes
It never ceases to amaze to see warm chocolate pudding ooze out of the center of this tender chocolate cake. These cakes are a showstopper on a plate! Serve lava cakes with whipped cream or ice cream. —Carolyn Crotser, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimeTakes: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed peppermint candies, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, eggs, egg yolks and extract until blended. Fold in flour.
- Generously grease and flour four 4-oz. ramekins; pour batter into ramekins. Do not overfill. Place ramekins in fryer basket; cook until a thermometer reads 160° and edges of cakes are set, 10-12 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Carefully run a knife around sides of ramekins several times to loosen cake; invert onto dessert plates. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 563 calories, 36g fat (21g saturated fat), 246mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Peppermint Lava Cakes in Taste of Home Cookbook 5th Edition