Savory Potato Skins
For a simple hot snack that really hits the spot on a cool fall evening, put together a plate of these crisp potato skins. —Andrea Holcomb, Torrington, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Broil: 5 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sour cream and chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a greased baking sheet; bake until tender, 1-1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells (save pulp for another use).
- Cut each half shell lengthwise into quarters; return to baking sheet. Brush insides with butter. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over butter.
- Broil 4-5 in. from heat until golden brown, 5-8 minutes. If desired, mix sour cream and chives and serve with potato skins.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.