Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
Take two popular restaurant nibbles, put them together and you'll have an unforgettable appetizer for your next holiday get-together. —Bridget O'Connor, Round Lake Beach, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 small red potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/3 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Rub potatoes with oil. Place in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato crosswise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/8-in.-thick shells (save removed pulp for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and Buffalo sauce. Spoon chicken mixture into potatoes. Top with cheese and bacon. Return potatoes to baking pan. Bake, skin side down, 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, carrots and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 filled potato skin: 122 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins in Holiday 13x9 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.