Buffalo Wing Potatoes
I was getting tired of mashed and baked potatoes, so I decided to create something new. This potluck-ready recipe is an easy and delicious twist on the usual potato dish. —Summer Feaker, Ankeny, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 4 pounds large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: crumbled cooked bacon, sliced green onions and sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes, yellow pepper and red onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add Buffalo wing sauce; stir to coat. Cook, covered, on low 6 hours or until potatoes are tender, stirring halfway through. Stir potato mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. If desired, top with bacon, green onions and sour cream.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 182 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 23, 2019
Such a delicious recipe! I opted to make this in the pressure cooker to save some time but it was very easy. Don't skip the green onions or bacon! Would be great for a picnic or potluck!