Baked Sweet Corn Croquettes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3 cups fresh corn, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and minced chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2 cups corn kernels in a food processor; process until pureed. Transfer pureed corn to a large bowl; whisk in cornmeal, milk, sugar, remaining corn and, if desired, cinnamon until blended. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and eggs until pale yellow and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Fold in cheddar cheese. Stir in corn mixture.
- Fill greased mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 8-10 minutes. Serve warm; top with sour cream and chives.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 52 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 25, 2018
These came out very bad, bland, took a long time to set in the oven. Also, the recipe states that it yields 5 1/2 dozen? Perhaps in a very, very mini muffin pan- for which the recipe never stated on the pan size. I got 12 in a regular muffin pan.
Jun 19, 2018
Trying out side dishes for Thanksgiving and I was so surprised. They are delicious and easy to prepare..