Loaded Breakfast Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and cover with water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain potatoes; saute in drippings until lightly browned. Add the ham, cheese, salt, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without sour cream): 273 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 29, 2018
I often bake extra potatoes just for this dish! I love breakfast potatoes and this dish is so good as is or you can add some peppers and onions to it to spice it up! Always a winner!
Feb 14, 2018
These potatoes were really tasty! There weren't any leftovers at all! I didn't add the sour cream and they were still absolutely delicious!
Apr 10, 2012
Wow - these potatoes were amazing!!! If you like the potato skins that are served in restaurants, you will love these! Made these exactly as is and they were worth every calorie-laden bite! Don't skip the sour cream - it really tops them off nicely!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.