Cranberry Eggnog Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, eggnog and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of each of 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce into center of each; top with remaining batter and cranberry sauce. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 208 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 30, 2018
These were so good! Great way to use up odds and ends. The muffins rose beautifully and stayed moist. Made exactly 12 muffins.
Nov 28, 2018
These taste good with coffee for breakfast. The batter was super thick, so almost impossible to swirl it with a knife. Next time I'll use a little more eggnog, maybe a quarter cup or so more. Mine turned out dry and crumbly, but I think it's because I over-baked them. They weren't done at the minimum time, so I put them in for 5 more minutes. That was too long, I guess.
Jan 10, 2018
Highly recommend this recipe. The muffins were perfect! Mine came out light and airy. Followed directions as written. Very tasty. Will make next egg nog season
Jan 14, 2017
Taste was pretty good, but it was rather dry.