Roasted Pepper, Bacon & Egg Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- Remove and discard seeds from pepper half. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat until the skin blisters, about 6 minutes. Immediately place pepper half in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skin; chop pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, and pepper. Pour into the pan. Add bacon and chopped pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Spoon onto English muffins. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 329 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 17, 2012
Not easy and quick, takes about 30 min to prepare. Very bland tasting.
Sep 15, 2012
Why not think a head, cut up some extra onions and peppers, cook extra bacon for this and or salads....Not so bad! i added extra seasoning but delicious! Be creative!
Sep 14, 2012
Good cookin' takes time & prep. The skin can be left on & you just saute...or do up lots of peppers & keep on hand,like I do. Delicious!
Sep 14, 2012
For the time it takes to prepare this (dish for two???) .. a total (but tastie) waste of time.