Meat Loaf Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 envelope meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- In a large bowl, mix together egg, meat loaf seasoning, tomato sauce and bread crumbs. Add ground beef; mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into an 18x9-in. rectangle. Top with layers of ham, cheese and mushrooms. Roll rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting from narrow end. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° until no pink remains, about 1-1/4 hours. Let stand several minutes before slicing.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled meat loaf in foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf; reheat on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 287 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
May 31, 2017
Very quick and easy to prepare. I ended up making a glaze for the outside. I am going to try this recipe using ground chicken next time.
Aug 16, 2016
Great change to meatloaf, husband not crazy about chicken Cordon Bleu, so this is a wonderful compromise.
May 23, 2012
This is the best meatloaf recipe that I have found. I love to make it for company. I don't always use the exact ingredients...depends what I have on hand. It has always turned out great.
Oct 13, 2011
This our family favorite! Kids ask for it for their birthday dinner. It is AWESOME!!
Aug 3, 2010
This is a quick recipe to put together, and is just delicious. Everyone in my house enjoyed this dish, even my three picky children.