Quick Bread Bowls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into fourths; shape each into a ball. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut the top fourth off each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill with chili, chowder or stew.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 684mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 2, 2016
these weren't too bad. would probably make again one day. they are way too small when made into four bread bowls though. they only held about 1/2 cup of soup. next time i would make the recipe yield only two bowls so they would be a little bit larger. although, we did just fill them up again after first bowl was eaten so i guess that works too.
Jul 30, 2014
These were really good and a perfect size. My dough didn't rise very much though, and I added Mrs. Dash and garlic to the bread as it mixed, did an egg white wash as they baked. Crusty golden outside and soft yummy inside, will make these again.
Jul 29, 2014
Definitely was easy to make, I didn't use a bread machine I just used my hands, but overall the taste is very bland and boring. I will not be using this recipe again.
Jan 16, 2012
Good taste and texture. Make sure to check after 5 minutes of mixing to make sure extra flour is not needed. If the dough is too moist, the bowls may be flatter than you want.
Apr 14, 2009
I subed 1c whole wheat flour for one of the c flour and they were great.Will be using this recipe many times.