Almond Apricot Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (7 ounces) apricots with mixed fruit baby food, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/8 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Set aside 1 tablespoon baby food for glaze. In another bowl, beat the egg, 3/4 cup milk, oil, 1 teaspoon almond extract and remaining baby food. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in almonds and apricots.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, reserved baby food, and remaining milk and extract until smooth. Drizzle over bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 209 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 15, 2017
It was tasty but I felt it was a little dry. lindawenger it's pureed baby food in small plastic containers
Dec 8, 2011
I'm not very familiar with baby food anymore. Is this a dry form or will the jarred food work?
Sep 18, 2010
I run a small cottage business from my home baking quick breads to sell at a year round farmers market in our town. This is one of my most requested breads. It comes out perfectly each and every time.
Mar 22, 2010
My family loves this bread!! Easy to make and it is even good for a year round treat!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.