Cheesy Garlic Burgers
My husband and five children all know what's for dinner when they smell the garlic from these out-of-the-ordinary burgers. My grandma is known for her great recipes...this is one of them. - Connie Stewart, Lakewood, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a bowl, combine beef and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Shape into six thin patties. Pan-fry until no longer pink. Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise. Combine butter and remaining garlic powder; spread over cut sides of bread. On the bottom half, layer provolone cheese, beef patties and the mozzarella cheese. Replace bread top. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through. Cut loaf between each patty. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping.
You can bake Cheesy Garlic Burgers on six hamburger buns instead of on a loaf of French bread.
Originally published as Cheesy Garlic Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book